What is Practical Leadership™
Knowing 2 Doing
A lot of organisations struggle with the challenge of taking their goals and aspirations and converting them into successful results.
How do you describe this challenge?
Making it happen
Getting things done
Converting strategy into action into results
How do you make sure that you get the results you aspire to? We believe that it's all about PRACTICAL LEADERSHIP™
Over the past 20 years we've observed and experienced personally, many approaches to adult learning and corporate development. We appreciate that research and theory play an important role in the evolution of ideas, techniques and approaches around running a successful business. However we also understand that leaders today are looking for inspiration and practical tools that they can access easily, apply quickly and that genuinely make a difference.
Turner & Crawford (1998), in their ground breaking work on organisational capability, identified that in today's business environment, leaders are faced with two distinct challenges:
- Managing the current operations to produce immediate results; and
- Leading the business through an unending cycle of change to ensure that it keeps pace with the rapidly changing marketplace and secures a successful future.
Practical Leadership™ is all about honing the skills required to ensure a successful future through the use of practical tools and techniques that produce immediate results.
Practical Leadership™ has 3 critical components:
- Having clarity of strategy
- Getting your people excited about and focused on the company's aspirations
- Enabling execution through people
- Ensuring your people have the skills to execute effectively
- Sustaining a climate of high performance
- Making sure the environment your people operate in will allow them to do their best work